Pharmaceutical Ophthalmic ProductsQualitron Bio Medica focus on wide range of high quality Pharmaceutical Ophthalmic products. Qualitron Bio Medica provides the best pharmaceutical products range in India and has branched out in health care areas like ophthalmic, cardiovascular, antibiotics, gastroenterology, anti-malaria, orthopaedics, anti-cough and cold preparations, immunosuppressants, neurology, nutrition, etc. Our unique pricing strategies and superior products make us preferred medical product supplier. Ophthalmic preparations (eye preparations) may contain one or more active pharmaceutical ingredients for application to conjunctiva, the conjunctival sac or the eyelids. Ophthalmic preparations include eye drops in the form of solutions or emulsions, ointments and suspensions.
There are various eye problems to which Qualitron Bio Medica provide solution, like:
Dry Eye Syndrome
Corneal infection or Keratitis
OPHTHALMIC DRUG GUIDE
Dry Eye Syndrome
Right angle TM
Last time TM
World Malaria DayMALARIA 40% of the world’s population are infected by malaria. Malarial day is celebrated all over the world on 25th of April, for the vision of world free of malaria. Malaria is not an infection. It is caused by parasite Plasmodium falciparum, which is a microorganism of protozoan type and is transmitted by the bite of infected female mosquito Anopheles in human. Life cycle In humans, parasite called sporozoites, multiply in liver and travel in erythrocyte or red blood cells. Sporozoite parasite matures and form merozoites, which travel in blood stream and infect red blood cells. Another mosquito gets infected when it bites the infected person and passes to other healthy person through bite, thus spreading malaria. This cycle may continue till malaria is not treated or controlled. Causes Protozoan parasite is the cause of malaria, as these parasite develop in temperate climate. Parasites (merozoites) are released in blood stream which infect RBCs. Anemia occurs due to destruction of RBCs which reduces the immunity. Infection risk depends on altitude, temperature, weather, time of day (night or day) etc. Symptoms Symptoms of malaria appear after 10-15 days bite of parasite infected mosquito. Malaria if not treated in early stage, may be life threatening by interrupting blood supply to vital organs. Fever Headache Vomiting Shaking-Chills Anemia Flu-like symptoms Diarrhea Muscle pain Treatment Antimalarial drug is used to treat malaria and designed in such a way to attack and kill parasite, so that infection does not spread. Malaria can be controlled easily if detected early. Treatment duration lasts for 4-7 days. Medication should be continued for complete prescribed duration. Also check the malaria status of the region before traveling. Our brands in this category:
GlaucomaHealthy eyes are generally affected due to lifestyle, speed up of vision loss due to certain conditions like stress to your eye caused by continuously staring at computer, T.V. etc.
In healthy eye fluids circulates in front and back portion of eye, thus maintain the pressure inside eye (production and excretion at the same time), but if, person has Glaucoma, aqueous humour does not flow out and creates pressure and cause damage to optic nerve fibres, which send signals from retina to brain and gives image.
Glaucoma is a disease that affects the optic nerve present at the back of the eye, get worsen with time, that usually happens when fluid accumulates in front part of eye, increases pressure in eye (Intra Ocular Pressure) and damage the optic nerve. It affects pheripheral vision first.
Glaucoma has no early symptoms and the disease progress slowly and vision loss occur very gradually over 55 years of age, but early detection and treatment can slow the vision loss.
Types of Glaucoma
- Primary open angle glaucoma
- Secondary glaucoma
- Closed angle glaucoma
- Low tension glaucoma
- Congenital glaucoma
- Imbalance of intraocular fluid(production and drainage)
- Poor blood flow
- Optic nerve damage
- Glaucoma may occur due to family history, diabetes, age factor (> 40 years of age) and other eye risks factors.
Signs and symptomsThe first sign and symptoms shown in Glaucoma patient is loss of side or peripheral vision, at severe conditions can notice the symptoms like,
- Sudden eye pain
- Blurred and narrow vision
- Appear holes around light
- Eye redness
- Sensation of nausea and vomiting
TreatmentTreatment depend upon the type, severity, age, health and medical conditions. The treatment includes:
- Eye drops
- Laser surgery
- Lifestyle (Exercise and Nutrition)
Our brands in Glaucoma category
Dry Eye SyndromeHealthy eye produces tears all the time, not only when we are emotional or crying. Tear film which prevent eye from dryness, infections, keep eyes clear, smooth and wash away foreign particles thus preventing eye damage. Today approximately 17%-30% of people have dry eyes in their life.
Dry eye syndrome may also be called as Keratoconjunctivitis sicca, dysfunctional tear syndrome, lacrimal conjunctivitis, aqueous tear deficiency, evaporative tear deficiency
Dry eye is defined as disease of tears, where production of tears is very low and evaporation is very fast, if left untreated may lead to visual disturbance i.e.,blurred vision, discomfort, and damage to ocular surface.
Tear film consist of three layers:
1. Outer layer – It contains oil containing lipid
2. Middle layer- It contains water and is the thickest layer
3. Last layer- It contain mucus which allows tear to spread evenly all over the eye.
- Aqueous deficient dry eye
- Evaporative dry eye
Factors causing dry eye syndrome:According to new study, computer vision syndrome is the major complaint affecting almost 50-60 percent people, and develop dryness in eye. Second major factor causing dryness in eye is as we grow older, production of tears decreases. Also wearing contact lens can cause dry eye syndrome.
Signs and symptoms
- Decrease vision or blurred vision
- Stinging, itching, redness, pain and burning sensation in eye
- Persistent irritation or scratchiness
- Excess tearing, for example,when reading, driving, or watching television.
- Avoid smoking
- Enviromental factors can cause dry eyes. For example, avoid dust, air blowing in eyes, dry places like high altitude etc.
- Computer usage- Keep computer below level of eye and one arm distance between computer and eye.
- Take eye break- Close your eyes for a while when there is constant visual concentration.
- Use eyeglass.
- Eye drops and other lubricants are used for treatments.
- These help your eye to produce more tears and thus prevent dry eye syndrome and redness in eye.
Our Brands under this category are:
ConjunctivitisConjunctiva covers thin white layer of eye inside surface of eyelid. It provides lubrication to the surface of eye. If conjunctiva is inflammed due to factors like bacteria, fungi, infectious substance, non-infectious substance, allergic reaction etc., it leads to enlargment of blood vessels and cause redness of eye (conjunctivitis). Conjunctivitis or pink eye is common in school aged children.
Signs and symptoms
- Redness and inflammation in conjunctiva
- Release of excessive water (tear) or mucous from eye
- Burning, itching and scratchy sensation in eye
Classification of conjunctivitis1. Based on cause: Infective conjunctivitis
- Allergic conjunctivitis
- Traumatic conjunctivitis
- Irritative conjunctivitis
- Dry eye or Keratoconjunctivitis
- Endogenous/ autoimmune conjunctivitis
- Follicular conjunctivitis
- Papillary conjuctivitis
- Acute purulent conjunctivitis
- Acute mucopurulent conjunctivitis
- Chronic conjunctivitis
- Serious conjunctivitis
- Angular conjunctivitis
- Membranous conjunctivitis
CausesThere are three main categories for pink eye or conjunctivitis
- Allergic conjunctivitis is more common in people already having seasonal allergy or who come in contact with foreign substances in eye.
- Infectious conjunctivitis (bacterial and viral conjunctivitis) caused by bacteria staphylcoccal and by contagious virus.
- Chemical conjunctivitis caused due to noxious substance or air pollution
- Maintain good hygiene conditions.
- If your eyes are infected wash your hands to touch your eyes, stop applying cosmetics or eye care products and avoid sharing pillows or towels to help prevent it from spreading.
- If you get allergic conjunctivitis apply cold compression on closed eyelid and avoid rubbing your eyes.
- If you have bacterial and viral conjunctivitis apply warm compression on the closed eyelid.
- Meet opthalmologist for further instructions.
- Antibiotic eye drops or ointment
- Artificial tears
- Warm compression
- Cold compression
- Avoid animal contact if you get allergic reaction